Saturday, November 7, 2009

Petrópolis almost 40°C



People, it's hard to believe that it's so hot here! If it's like this right now, I don't want to think how it's going to be when Summer actually comes, in December...

Sleeping with open windows, super-light clothes, drinking tons of water, taking two or three showers a day, wow!!

On the other hand, Nature is gorgeous now. Such exhuberant trees, a bright blue sky with no clouds. It's a pleasure to walk in the streets (as long as you carry a bottle of water in your hand, of course...) and feel the wind on my face - yes, this an advantage of living in the mountains, there is always some cool breeze around.

Nights are beautiful, starry and clean. I take some long times just being alone outside the house, meditating about my life and which way to go. Sometimes everything seems so blurry and uncertain. But I'll keep the faith.

8 comentários:

mermaiden said...

it's just getting chilly here in california, usa, though we haven't had to turn the heat on and hope to wait out the month, adding sweaters and such til our noses and fingertips are too cold :D

Rue said...

I'm a bit chilly right now - but it sounds really hot there...so I'm not too bad off!

Do enjoy your summer though - I hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable for you. It's nice that you get a breeze - it makes all the difference!

Dragonstar said...

As Rue says, you need that breeze!

Try not to worry about your direction. The way will be shown to you, very likely "out of the blue".

Bridgett said...

Eeek! I just can't imagine.
It's 54 degrees here right now...and it's lovely. :)

Stay cool!

)O(
boo

Tori said...

Enjoy the warm weather! I hope it doesn't get too hot for you. :)

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Seems like just a few weeks ago it was still quite chilly! And now!!!! Too hot there! But...there's no controlling the weather, alas...or I would have it just alternate between spring and fall all the time...lol...

Marcia said...

It was just snowing here last week! I wish I lived closer to the Equator so it wouldn't get so cold. I hope you have a great week!!

-Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I stumbled upon your blog whilst searching completely unrelated data [to paganism], and could not help but ponder about the 40 degrees on November 7th. I am in Petropolis, and it was about 32 degrees [tops] then as far as I know. I have not experienced anything over 35 degrees in these fifteen months I have lived here... and it always cools down at night considerably without heating up again until around eleven the next day, so I find myself truly gifted to have that in the state of Rio de Janeiro (anywhere else other than the "serra" triangle of Friburgo-Tere-Petro is just hellish, I say. How about our summer storms all this week? DIVINE! Too bad mankind don't learn from nature to stop building in unwise places. Now, the funny thing is this word notification that appeared here in the comment box: "monism"! Ha! As fate will have it? Or can the blogger select the word to be typed by visitor? Stay in peace and in the light. ;~)