Sunday, April 8, 2012

Antipode


Many and many years ago I wrote this:



you, I feel when I touch

everyone that crosses my way on the streets.

your eyes I meet in the faces filling

the sidewalks in stares that recognize

me from somewhere they don't understand.

your hair covers every man's heads,

every woman's backs to make me want to touch them,

to feel you.

you're in the black guy on the corner,

you're in the young lady by my side.

I sense you in the old couple's embrace,

in the impatient driver on the road,

on the sleepy passenger in the bus.

you're in everyone's lips, everyone's shadows,

on every turning head, blinking eyes.

it's your voice I hear on the small talk at the bars,

it's your sigh I perceive beyond the neighbor's closed doors.

you're under my nails, you're in my saliva,

my steps during the days,

my hard breathing late at night.




There was no one specifically in my mind back then, only the craving and the urgency, and the feeling that all this, in essence, was at the tips of my fingers, and escaping me. Longing for contact, in so many levels, but not at random. Some things won't change.

5 comentários:

Maebius said...

I see you. :)

Such lovely words, these!

petoskystone said...

Very moving! Is this longing for contact what keeps you moving forward?

Urban Earthworm said...

This is really very beautiful. I am thrilled to have found your blog. Not only am I a fellow pagan, I also have a somewhat unusual obsession with South America.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi nadia! howare you? haven't head from you in a while and am hoping all is well!

Cassandra Louise said...

Hello! I found your blog via the Pagan Blogger's Network. I love what I have read, and am now following your blog. :-)