Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ABC Wednesday - D is for Destiny



It's ABC Wednesday, and D is Destiny for me.


Bear with me, everybody. I'm spending precious time with my love here in Brazil, once again sharing Summer with him. So I naturally become this melting butter, seeing everything through rose-colored glasses, and apparently only able to talk about how wonderful my sweetheart is. ;)

I believe mostly everything happens for a reason, that nothing happens by chance. It's a concept that might be unfair when we think of the deep suffering people go through in their lives. This is not an universal truth, and I'm being very superficial on the subject. But in general, at least for me, every time I had a bad experience, or when I thought I couldn't take another hit from the gods, I made it through, and later - weeks, months, years later - pieces fell into place, and those specific moments in my life made sense at last. The same happened when I had some good experiences, i. e. when I got a job that introduced me to key people who would eventually help me later, or when I was at the right place, at the right time and met someone extraordinary, like Tim.

We are two luck people who found love at a phase of our lives when we had already dealt with our own issues and were basically okay about who we are. We know how to appreciate life, and we really value those who are with us, when value is due. No place for drama, paranoia, or ghosts created by our minds. We don't waste our time this way.

There's something amazing on how life worked in these mysterious ways, and gave another meaning to all decisions we made.

When we first met in person, after months of perfect online match (story for another time), it was instantaneous perfect live match. As if our bodies, minds, hearts and souls were just patiently waiting to finally bond and react in all levels possible and feel at home with each other. 

I always like to play with the fun thought of this huge world map with us two tiny bright colored dots moving around in different directions as our lives progressed along the years, slowly but definitely converging to that exact point where us dots would become one when meeting, mixing our colors, and never being apart again, even when silly distance keeps us in different continents for now. 

So yes, Destiny is one of the words when I think about Tim, and Delight is what I feel when I'm with him.


To read another cool D entry, visit my love and favorite author, at Under An Outlaw Moon (his adventure novel Doc Wilde and The Frogs of Doom is currently on sale to celebrate Valentine's Day)!

To read more great ABC entries, and if you want to join the project, visit the meme's main page, and have fun! :)





7 comentários:

Reader Wil said...

I am so glad that you have found the love of your life! May you 'll be blessed with many great years to come.
Wil, Abcw Team

Roger Owen Green said...

You certainly need not apologize for your happiness!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

it is the loveliest of things to be with the one you love...really, it is what life is all about.

Leslie: said...

I am so delighted for you both as your story sounds familiar (a bit like mine). And I do enjoy your friend Under an Outlaw - his writing is superb!

Leslie
abcw team

Gattina said...

How nice that you finally found the love of your life !
Gattina
ABC Wednesday

Shailaja V said...

That is an amazing story and very identical in concept to an earlier post of mine! I'd written A tale of chance and the thoughts there are identical to yours! An example of how people are connected:)

Powell River Books said...

I'm so happy for both of you. It is kind of funny how things seem to turn out, even through you don't see it coming. Thanks for stopping by my post today. It's good to reconnect. - Margy