Wednesday, January 15, 2014

ABC Wednesday - A is for Afternoon


This year I'm getting back to one of my favorite blog memes, the cool ABC Wednesday. I was part of this for a couple of years, and I had a blast, as this is a fun way to exercise the imagination, working your way through all the alphabet (the project is to post about anything you want starting with the letter of the week), while visiting other bloggers and seeing what they come up with - always an awesome diversity of ideas.
So I'm back to the ABC, and for me, A is for Afternoon.

art by Joseph Wise

Definitely my favorite part of the day, when we can watch the sky lazily changing its colors from the bright blues through darker shades, bringing yellows, oranges, reds and purples, like a gorgeous watercolor being painted in a huge full scale before our eyes. When I walk along the streets to fetch my son at school by 5:30pm, I can see the birds around on a playful flight going up and down, observing the world below, unaware of their own freedom, making me jealous of those powerful wings that can take them anywhere, higher and higher, before they get ready to settle down on the trees branches and start their beautiful evening choir.



These short walks alone are a silent ritual when my feelings react to the afternoon fall, making them so alive, when lines of free, amorous thoughts wildly cross my mind and I treasure every one of them, at each step I take.

art by Jeannie in a Bottle

Back home, I get a last burst of energy, with a urgent feeling in my hands as I work on the delicate threads of my hand-embroideries, as if trying to keep the pace before the natural lights fade away and I can’t use the outside brightness. Then my body starts to get ready for the night ahead. I deeply breathe in, letting myself release the tension of the day and enjoying now the powerful blackness of the sky definitely saying goodbye to the afternoon watercolor shades, and bringing the delicate myriad of stars to its veil, until a new day is born.

 To read another cool ABC Wednesday entry, visit my love and favorite author, at Under An Outlaw Moon!
To read more ABC entries, and if you want to join the project, visit the meme's main page, and have fun! :)

8 comentários:

kalpana solsi said...

My afternoons are spent in reading newspapers or taking a nap.

Tim Byrd said...

A lovely post.<3

Love ya...

Tim ("A" Entry # 51)

Richard Lawry said...

Makes me want to spend a lazy afternoon just chilling out. An Arkie's Musings

lisa said...

I took a little hiatus from ABC Wednesday too, and am back for this round. I love afternoons because they lead to sunsets! And I LUV photographing sunsets...especially anywhere tropical! :-) Your photo has such glorious color. ...like a gorgeous watercolor being painted in a huge full scale before our eyes... That is a perfect description!

Carver said...

Absolutely gorgeous shots. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Roger Owen Green said...

Oh, SWEET! Lovely, gorgeous.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Joy said...

Welcome back. A compensation for short days at this time of year is the treat of early sunset.
Joy - ABC Team

Reader Wil said...

How colourful your afternoons are! Welcome back on ABC Wednesday! It's a wonderful meme indeed.