Thursday, April 16, 2009

Free Book's Day

Just came by for a quicky hi! Thank you all for your lovely words on my little gappy smile boy! :o)

And to remind you know that next Saturday is the Free Book's Day! I know there are similar projects all over the world, and I love it! Every year I keep this ritual with Lucas, of letting go in the streets a good book we have already read and want to pass along. This time it will happen in the city "next door" where Lucas studies, Manhumirim. As we need to take our pets to get their vaccines shots, we'll take the chance to have fun one more time watching who'l be the one who will take the book! We still don't know which book we'll choose, we'll decide tomorrow. I'll take some photos to post here afterwards!
What about this idea, do you want to share it at your place?

6 comentários:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Nydia, I seem to remember that among some city dwellers, leaving books around was popular maybe a couple of years ago? Now they are leaving little toys around, I think. I'm such a suspicious person I doubt I would ever just pick up a book or toy -- GERMS -- LOL -- or for fear it "belonged" to someone...Hope they are more aware of the Free Book Day where you are...I think we have something a little similar, in that if you put something in your back alley, everyone understands it is "free" to take...

The other day I found a purse just sitting on a shelf at Wal-Mart. I could see it was just full of money. I got so scared! I was looking around for help, I didn't want to touch the purse, but if I left it, someone naughty might get it. I waited a long time but no one came so I grabbed it with a pinch by the top strap and ran (as fast as a fat old lady can) to the register and gave it to them. I just KNEW the minute I touched it someone would start screaming "SHE'S GOT MY PURSE!!!" but no one did.

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I am soooo excited!
I was thinking about this the other day and I am so glad that there will be a day for it!

Saturday, I will take my trusty camera, a few of my kids and we will plant, take pictures of and make sure to post pictures of this!

How exciting, you know. When I first met you, it was one of the first blog posts I'd ever read of yours. It is what helped me fall in love with you.

Thanks for sharing.

Tori said...

That sounds so cool! I've never heard of this. If I am out on Saturday I think I will try it.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I've never heard of this! What a great idea, though! Maybe while I'm out, I will leave a book somewhere this weekend. Maybe with a sticky note that says "Free book!" stuck on it somewhere, so no one is afraid to touch it, lol!

Victoria Williams said...

Hi! What size are your felt Goddesses on Etsy? Thanks.

Angela said...

Long time no chit chat! I have missed my bloggy peeps!

I haven't heard of this. We have a book exchange here in town, looks like a coffee shop sort of but anyone is free to bring or take any of the books there. Quite successful. I may have to ask them if they have heard of Free Book Saturday.